Did you all successfully navigate the holidays? I did okay, as you may have seen in some of my previous post, I have been pretty much checked out for vacation. Last week, I busted my goals down to my core goals. Still fell short, but definitely getting closer to being back on track. Lets see how it went!
Make sure you are getting all the nutrients that you need. I have been having this really bad issue with getting a full night’s sleep for the past three weeks or so. Basically, I have been waking up between 3 and 3:30 in the morning, daily and not being able to get back to sleep. I was bitching about it to my friend, Bryce and he suggested trying a Magnesium supplement. He has used them to help him with workout recovery and getting good sleep.
So I checked my multi vitamin and sure enough, it doesn’t contain any Magnesium. I did some further research on Magnesium deficiencies, which include:
- Not being able to sleep.
- Facial twitching, which has been happening with my eyelids everyday for I don’t know how long, I didn’t really think about it or concern myself with it.
- Muscle cramps, I just thought I was getting them because of all the exercise.
- Anxiety, I haven’t really had a total melt down for a while, but I do feel my heart rate rise and start feeling little anxious at least once a week.
- High Blood Pressure and/or Hypertension. I’m on two different blood pressure medications so maybe this could help.
- Low energy. This has been off and on for me, I don’t know that I can blame a Magnesium deficiency for this, but not being able to sleep for a full night would have a definite impact in this area.
I started taking a 200mg Magnesium supplement about a week ago. The first night, I did wake up again at 3am, but I was able to go right back to sleep. The next night, I woke up about 4am, looked at the clock and slept in until about 7am! The next night, I didn’t wake up at all and I have continued to sleep well. I haven’t noticed an eye twitch for the last three days, anxious feeling is still there at times, but not bad and I haven’t had any muscle cramps, but I haven’t been doing a lot of exercise either. Blood pressure remains the same. I will keep taking it and if it continues to help me move forward with my master plan, great!
You lose a lot in vacation mode. Unfortunately, it’s not weight! Vacation was officially over yesterday, but I had to work from home because my area of town was still covered in ice. I have been working my way back to the 10,000 steps per day and it hasn’t been easy. My stamina is definitely not there like it was. Next vacation, I will have to come up with a better plan of attack so I don’t fall short on my goals.
Week 25 Goals Check
- Stay Hydrated – A – I drank all the water and then some.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit – A – Logged it all and stayed within my calories. Last week I reported how bummed out I was because I missed a day and lost my log day streak. NOPE! I did log my breakfast, just nothing else, so I kept my streak! YES!
- 10,000 steps a day – F – I haven’t hit 10,000 steps a day, but I haven’t been completely sitting around either. I have been out and about when the weather permitted and while inside, I have been watching TV while doing knee lifts to try and keep moving.
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day – C- Not as much as I have wanted to because of the stupid weather, but I did make an effort to do house work and move around more.
- Meditate four times per week – A – This helps me in so many ways, I’m glad I do this.
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated – A – This was much better this week, I felt more into again and excited about it.
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday – F – I didn’t have any 10k post and didn’t really post anything I was doing on Facebook. Next week will be much better!
- One hiking/adventure day per week – F- No fun hiking adventures last week.
- Lose 1 pound per week – D – I lost .1 pounds week. Not a pound, but very thankful I didn’t gain!
Week 26 Goals
- Stay Hydrated
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit
- 10,000 steps a day
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day
- Meditate four times per week
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday
- One hiking/adventure day per week
- Lose 1 pound per week
All right! So again, not a terrific week, but I still feel I have made some progress and I am on the path to full goal recovery. Vacation is over and I’m back to work so I think that will help out a ton. It was great going on a lunch walk today with my work homies! Thanks for checking in on me and reading about my week 25 summary. It’s going to be a great year, I just know it!