Hello Long Journey fans!
I had a spectacular week of hard work and goal achievements. I am super proud of what I have accomplished this week. Here we go!
- MyFitnessPal for some reason wasn’t automagically adjusting my calorie intake based on my weight loss. I have been eating 200+ calories more per day than I should have been. I think I have that fixed now, glad I did some investigating and figured it out!
- Tai Chi is fun, but still hard. Just feel like I have the first movement down, and have begun working on the second. I still enjoy it. Hard, yet relaxing.
- Arthritis is a bitch! I have felt some improvement with the knee pain; however, my left hip has been causing me some serious pain. I have managed to suck it up and keep moving, but today I decided to take a day off because I woke up with some serious pain right off the bat. Maybe a day of rest will help. We shall see.
- Moving is starting to feel more natural, I look forward to my walks and don’t view them as exercise anymore. I feel more energized and clear minded afterwards.
Week 18 Goals Check
- Stay Hydrated “A+” I have consumed all the water and logged it. This week I drank over 505 ounces of water, thats almost 4 gallons!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit “A+” Stayed with in my allotment and logged all the foods.
- 10,000 steps a day “A+” I nailed it everyday! This week I walked a total of 78,284 steps, that is a little over 39 freaking miles!
- Get of the MAX train one stop early every commute day “A” Everyday, nailed it!
- Walk home from the MAX train stop three times per week “A+” I surpassed this one, I walked home from the train stop everyday!
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day “A” This one has been hard for me because my work schedule has been so busy, but I did it, every day including weekends!
- Tai Chi two times per week “A” I got this in there twice this week. It’s slow going, but I like it and I think it will be worth it in the long run. Once I get all the movements down, I think I might look into joining a group!
- Practice my squat form every day “F” I didn’t do this at all. No excuses, just didn’t do it. This is something that I want to accomplish, so I need to get on it!
- Stay off the elevator at work and take the stairs “A” I have been crazy about the stairs. This week I got in 137 floors! NICE!
- Meditate four times per week “A” Got in my four days.
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated “A” Reflected everyday, can’t avoid that task list staring me in the face every day.
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday “A+” I have been all over there interwebs. Posting my 10k a day screenshot has really helped me stay accountable and do it!
- One hiking/adventure day per week “A” I got some Mt. Tabor time in once this week, I wanted to hit it Sunday to, but there was a 5k race happening up there.
- Lose 1 pound per week “F” No loss, but no gain. I am a little disappointed because I have been working so hard. I just keep reminding myself that this is going to take time and I will have off weeks. I just need to keep on moving!
Week 19 Goals
- Stay Hydrated
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit
- 10,000 steps a day
- Get of the MAX train one stop early every commute day
- Walk home from the MAX train stop three times per week
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day
- Tai Chi two times per week
- Practice my squat form every day, get it done Marci!
- Stay off the elevator at work and take the stairs
- Meditate four times per week
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday
- One hiking/adventure day per week
- Lose 1 pound per week
There you have it guys! I have been working really hard to get that 10k a day in there, my second week in a row! I am taking a break today, my body needs it, but I will be back at it tomorrow. I’m really enjoying my stair workout up at Mt. Tabor, I feel it instantly. It’s hard work, but it doesn’t feel like hard work, I enjoy it so I will keep doing it! Stairs at work however, feels like work and it’s tough some times, but I know it is for the great good so I am going to continue using them instead of the elevator. I’m still investigating the kickboxing vs boxing in my area and deciding if its right for me and if I will be able to afford it. Thanks for checking in and reading about my week 18 summary. You guys are awesome!