Sorry this post is so late today, I have had a very busy day. I have so much to share with you guys this week! I had such an amazing week filled with adventures, transitioning to my new job, kicking ass on my goals and earning tons of Fitbit badges. Here we go!
- Tai Chi is no joke! I took some time to reflect on why I haven’t been keeping up with my Yoga goal and decided that it’s because I’m board with it. So I thought well, I have always been curious about Tai Chi when I see people practicing in the park. Looks like something I could do, reasonably simple. So I found a Tai Chi app on the old iPad and decided to take that for a test drive. I wouldn’t say it’s hard, but defenatily not simple! I have practice the first movement, three times, 20 minute sessions. It combines posture, movement and breathing. It’s also very surprising how well it works the muscles. With that said, I love it and will continue to practice!
- Posting a screenshot of my Fitbit dashboard in my Facebook support groups has helped me suscessfully achieve my 10,000 steps a day goal. That’s right! For the first time in a very long time I hit all seven freaking days!
- Wunderlist is a terrific task organization app and has helped me not only organize my to do lists for work, but it’s been very helpful to help me reflect and achieve my daily personal goals. My goals are always looking right at me on my Android phone, iPad and Mac Book. Thanks for the recommendation on this, Kirk!!!
- Squats are not easy. I was going to start a four week squat challenge I found. The pre-requisite needed to achieve the challenge was being able to do, at minimum two reps of 8-15 basic squats. Guess what, I can’t do that …. YET. I’m going to have the hubs help me out with my firm to make sure I’m doing it right and so that I don’t hurt myself. Once I have mastered my form and can nails those reps, I will be all over that challenge.
- Stairs are evil but necessary to build strength and character. For the past couple of weeks I have been tackling the Mt. Tabor stairs during my walk. During my last round at Mt Tabor, I started incorporating the three little groups of stairs in the top ring, so which each lap of the loop, I would go up and down each set of steps. That is a good workout. This week, I also started ignoring the elevator and work and using the stairs. It’s exhausting, but I know it’s doing good things. My legs feel stronger! I also earned my Skydiver 1,000 life time floors Fitbit Badge!
Week 16 Goals Check
- Stay hydrated “A+” – I drank tons of water and used my Wunderlist app to check off my required drinking amounts!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit “A+” – Enjoyed delicious food and logged it all and checked it off my Wunderlist.
- 10,000 steps a day “A+” – I finally did it! Nailed it! BOOM! Done! I also earned my Italy Life Time Badge of 736 miles i walked with my Fitbit and the D0-Gooder 25,000 steps in 3 days Fitbit Badge!
- Get off the MAX train one stop early every morning “A+” – I did it everyday. It’s getting easier.
- Walk home from the MAX train stop at least three times a week “A++” – My son, Bruce challenged me to do it four days, so guess what, I did! Thanks for the motivation, Bruce! I love you!
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three times a day “A+” – This is something else that I added to my Wunderlist and even did it during the weekend. Nailed it!
- Yoga twice a week “A+” – I didn’t do Yoga, I replaced it with Tai Chi and did that three times. I’m loving it and think I will stick with more so than the Yoga.
- Meditate four times per week “A” – I meditated four times. My breaths are getting deeper and longer. Feels good.
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated “A+” – Again, thanks to the help of Wunderlist, I love that app!
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook “A+” – I have been all over Facebook this week. As I mentioned above, I started posting a screenshot of my Fitbit Dashboard in my Facebook support groups. This has really helped me stay accountable and reach that pesky 10,000 steps a day goal. AWESOME!
- One hiking/adventure day per week “A++” – I totally rocked this goal. I hit Mt. Tabor 3 times last week! Myself and my new work team also volunteered our time up at Hoyt Arboretum where I helped cut up an entire tree. It was good hard, sweaty work! I loved every minute of it. All that wonderful fresh air. It felt amazing!
- Lose 1 pound per week “B” – I only lost .7 pounds this week, but you know what, I don’t care, I feel excited and very proud of my hard work and everything I accomplished this week.
Week 18 Goals
- Stay Hydrated
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit
- 10,000 steps a day
- Get of the MAX train one stop early every commute day
- Walk home from the MAX train stop three times per week
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day
- Tai Chi two times per week
- Practice my squat form every day
- Stay off the elevator at work and take the stairs
- Meditate four times per week
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday
- One hiking/adventure day per week
- Lose 1 pound per week
I’m so excited about this week! I did so much and had so much fun doing it all and earned some new Fitbit badges in the process. Incase you didn’t get it, I’m in love with the Wunderlist app. That thing is gold! I’m going to continue kicking ass on achieving my 10,000 steps a day, hitting the stairs, my squat form and the Tai Chi. Thanks for checking in and reading my awesome week 17 summary. You guys rock!