I made it through week seven, barely. This week was hit and miss for me. I started out strong and then finished not so great. I got hit with a mini anxiety attack Sunday that took a turn into a nasty migraine all night and day and then turned into some kind of bug. I am fighting to get my energy back and move through it. I will get there. Lets see how what I did get done last week!
Lessons Learned this Week:
- MyFittnessPal’s food data base is more extensive and accurate that the FitBit app’s. I had used MyFittnessPal before the Fitbit, but really wanted just one place to go to information. It’s worth it just to use the two apps and everything I enter goes into the FitBit app anyway since they are connected.
- I like late night walks. I find that I like them for the same reasons I like early morning walk, the air is cool and crisp and their is hardly anyone out and about. Took a walk last night, and got caught in a little rain storm. It felt so refreshing!
- Headspace meditation app. I had been using another guided meditation app, but found the women’s voice was starting to annoy the hell out of me so I went looking for a new one. This one has a soothing British gentleman’s voice and a way to log your progress and a social media aspect to it to help me be accountable. It starts out with a 10 day free trial and then you can pay for subscription that unlocks lots of different styes of guided and non guided meditation sessions. I’m still on the free trial, but I will most likely be buying subscription.
- My Teva hiking sandals have a weakness, BARK DUST. I can’t believe it, these things have been so awesome for all my walking and trail hiking excursions. I thought they were invincible, nope freaking bark dust. I went for a walk around the Glendoveer Golf Course Fitness track last weekend and no matter how I adjusted them to fit my foot, they kept scooping up that bark dust like a pair of shovels strapped to my feet. My walk looked more like I was auditioning for a spot with the New York Rockets, walk kick, walk, kick to shake the bark dust out. Awesome work out though, it was a two mile walk, but Fitbit also logged it as 36 flights of stairs because of all the kicks, awesome! I invested in a new pair of running/trail shoes this weekend for future bark dust encounters.
- Best lesson learned this week, MY WEDDING RING FITS ON MY FINGER AGAIN!!! I stopped wearing it a while back because my fingers go too fat and I refused to go get it resized. Haha, I win!
Week 7 Goals Check:
- Stay hydrated. A+ I have been drinking tons of water, I crave it now. I haven’t had a soda in weeks.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day. C I got my 10k in 4 times this week.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit. A+ This is such an easy goal.
- Water Zumba one day per week. F The virus won on this one.
- Meditation 4 times per week. B I got 3 days of meditation in.
- Reflect on my goals every day. B Again this week, I read them but didn’t really reflect on the importance.
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook. A I love posting when I exercise with all my goofy pictures.
- Work with Max. F I didn’t do any work with Max this week. Boo!
- Throw in some sort of hiking day. A+ Did the Glendoveer track, I get extra points for the kicks.
- Lose 1 pound per week. A+ I lost 1.6 pounds this week!
Week 8 Goals:
- Stay hydrated.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit.
- Water Zumba on day per week.
- Meditation 4 times per week.
- Reflect on my goals every day. REFLECT
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook
- One hiking/adventure day this week.
- Lose 1 pound per week.
Okay, there you have it. Not a stellar week, but I still got some stuff done. One more thing I have to add. My measurement check in landed last week. I lost a total of 9 inches last month and I have lost a total of 28 pounds. Right the fuck on! I am so glad that I have found a way to make this work. I can’t stress enough how fortunate I am to have you guys here supporting me and keeping me motivated. Thank you for checking in and reading my week 7 summary. I am going to kick some ass in week 8!