Wow, it’s been two months now since I began this crazy journey of mine! Doesn’t seem that long. So far its been a fun ride. I have learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of, surprising myself along the way a few times. Last week was tough for me, still recovering from what ever bug I picked up and building my energy back up. Lets see how it all panned out, shall we?
Lessons Learned this Week:
- Sweat is good! I was feeling a little bloated and gross so I went out and walked 1.5 miles as fast as I could go. I was DRENCHED in sweat when I got home, but I felt so much better! Exercise does seem to have some magical healing properties.
- New walking shoes require a break in period and how they are laced up makes a difference. I picked up some new walking shoes and was a little worried because I had sore spots on my heals and one of my toes. I was kind of bummed out because I didn’t pick up on that in the store and I really didn’t want to hassle with trying to take them back and finding another pair. The hubs recommended adjusting the laces and giving them some more time. So I played around with that and it worked! No more sore spots, I am good to go!
- I woke up! I feel like I have snapped out a sleepy fog I have been in for the I don’t know how long. Instead of plowing through the daily grind, I have stopped to smell the roses so to speak. I find that I am enjoying more time with family and friends and just enjoying life in general. I’m slowing down and taking a moment to appreciate what I have and what I can do. I feel great!
Week 8 Goals Check:
- Stay Hydrated – A+ I drink tons of water every single day. Love it!
- Walk 10,000 Steps Per Day – B I missed two days this week.
- Maintain a 500-Calorie Per Day Deficit – A+ This one was a little tough this week, my daughter made some home made chocolate chip cookies. I did it though, walked a some more and enjoyed some cookies!
- DDP Yoga 3 Times Per Week – F I didn’t do any Yoga this week, the week before I snapped my prior chest injury and it hurt like hell. I am going to have to modify this to exclude the moves that stress that injury.
- Water Zumba One Day Per Week – NA Due to a scheduling conflict, I have to move this to a different night, so I couldn’t get it in there this week. I should be good to go next week.
- Meditation 4 Times Per Week – A Nailed it!
- Reflect On My Goals Every Day – A I formatted my vision board a little differently and have been using it every day!
- Keep Posting on My Blog and Facebook – A+ You can’t keep me off the interwebs!
- One Hiking/Adventure Day This Week – A We went up to the Amphitheater in Ridgefield, WA for a Foreigner/Kid Rock concert. It was over a half mile hike from parking in and out of there and all that rocking and dancing, I consider an adventure for sure. FYI… Foreigner can still rock the house.
- Lose 1 Pound Per Week – C I only lost .7 pounds this week, not a full pound. I will take it tho!
Week 9 Goals:
- Stay Hydrated.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit.
- Altered Yoga 3 times per week to avoid that stupid injury.
- Water Zumba one day per week.
- Meditation 4 times per week.
- Reflect on my goals every day.
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook.
- One hiking/adventure day this week.
- Lose 1 pound per week.
Well there you have it, the 8 week summary wrap up. Missed some things, but still felt pretty productive. This next week is going to be fun and challenging for me. I signed up for the 5K Color Run. I will be walking, not running, but still challenging and fun! Can’t wait to see how colorful I become. Have a good week everyone!