It’s been a busy, exciting, challenging and crazy week! I been dealing with some energy and pain issues, but I am still fighting the fight and feel like I packed a ton of things into this week. I did not hit some of my goals, but I don’t feel horrible about it. I still did a lot of stuff! Lets break it down!
Lessons Learned this Week:
- Just because I walked a 5k the week before this doesn’t automatically make the one this week easier. Dumb assumption Marci! I figured since I already had one under my belt, and the weather would be cooler that this would be a breeze. WRONG! At about the two mile mark, my upper back (of all places) completed cramped and seized up on me making it difficult to move or breath. I had to stop a couple of times to stretch it out and was beginning to worry if I was going to make it to the finish line. Well that thought started to completely piss me off after going so far already! I sucked it up and did it, I made it across that freaking finish line!
- Massage therapy! My back was pretty sore and tight the day after the race, so I hit my friend, Tawny up for some massage loves. That helped so much! She even found some places where I didn’t realize I was hurting and fixed them up. Thanks Tawny!
Week 10 Goals Check:
- Stay Hydrated – A+ I have been drinking tons of water and tracking it in my app!
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – C I really slacked off on this one. I got in 10k only 4 days this week. Yikes. I need to improve on this stat!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit – A I came pretty close a couple of days this week, but I did it!
- Altered Yoda 3 times per week – B I got two days of Yoga in there. Found a new app that lets me pick my exercises to avoid irritating my injury.
- Water Zumba on day per week – B I didn’t do water Zumba, but I did get to the pool and swam some laps. I also threw in some hot tub and steam room time for the win!
- Meditation 4 times per week – A Nailed it!
- Reflect on my goals every day – A+ Last week I said I was going to come up with a different way to do this, and I did. I totally revamped my vision board and had some fun with it. I have even bigger plans for this in the future =)
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook – A+ I have so much fun with this. You guys are great!
- One hiking/adventure day this week – A++ I attended the Empire of the Sun Concert out at McMenamins Edgefield where I danced my ass off. The following Sunday, I did the 5k Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure. I annihilated this goal!
- Lose 1 pound per week – A++ I lost 2.7 pounds this week! AWESOME!!! That is a total of 32.7 pounds gone! *POOF!*
Week 11 Goals:
- Stay hydrated.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day. Really Marci, you need to get on this one. Do it!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit.
- Yoga 3 times per week.
- Water Zumba/Swimming one day per week.
- Meditation 4 times per week.
- Reflect on my goals every day using my mad, creative arts and crafts skills. Have fun with it!
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook.
- One hiking/adventure day this week.
- Lose 1 pound per week.
Week 10 summary complete! As you can see, it was a mixed bag of accomplishments, but I feel like I did some awesome and fun things this week. I keep my focus and move forward. I will get those steps in this week and keep moving. Thank you all for your support and holding me accountable. This is truly working for me and has been mostly fun at the same time. I couldn’t do this without you! Thank you!