I feel like I had a really awesome week. I didn’t hit some of my goals, but still feel really good. I’m three months into my journey now. Wow, three months! Doesn’t seem that long and yet it does at the same time. This process is still working for me. I’m moving, I’m practicing better eating habits and most of all, I am not hanging on to any “inappropriate guilt” as my friend Tawny calls it. Lets see how I did!
- If I face a wall, my boobs now touch the wall before my stomach does, awesome! LOL
- I am starting to notice slight changes in my body. I feel more comfortable in my own skin and my clothing.
- The cooler weather is going to be a challenge for me. It’s not even really that cool yet and already my arthritis in my hips, knee and lower back are causing me grief. I’m not sure how to deal with this other than sucking it up and keep moving.
- The Bose over the ear headphones make great ear muffs. The last couple of mornings have been a little chilly, but my ears stayed nice and warm =)
- If you build it, they will walk… with you. I created a “step-it-up” chat channel in our office. I post in there when I’m taking a quick spin around the block to invite folks to get out of there chairs and move with me. It’s more fun than walking by your self. There is also a little step count competition going on in there =)
Week 13 Goals Check:
- Stay hydrated “A” – I have been drinking plenty of water, but again, I fail to log it sometimes. Log the water intake Marci!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit “A+” – Did this all while enjoying some delicious BBQ!
- 10,000 Steps per day “C” – I got my 10k in 3 times last week. I wasn’t just sitting around tho, there were some really close days. Still feeling pretty good about my movement.
- Yoga twice a week “C” – I got one day in there.
- Meditation three times a week “B” – I hit it three times this week.
- Reflect on my goals every day “C” – This was hit and miss for me. I need to keep updating my board.
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook “A” – No problems with this one.
- One hiking/adventure day per week “C” – I didn’t hike or really have an “adventure”. I did do a 24 hour long BBQ cook that was more like an experience. It wasn’t really physically challenging other than staying awake and more like a mental challenge. I plan on getting a hike in this week.
- Lose 1 pound per week “A+” – 1.2 pounds gone! Done!
Week 14 Goals:
- Stay hydrated and log all the water Marci!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit.
- 10,000 steps per day.
- Get off the MAX train one stop early every commute day.
- Walk home from my MAX stop at least 3 times this week.
- Yoga twice a week.
- Meditation four times per week.
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated!
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook.
- One hiking/adventure day per week. The hubs and I are talking about hiking around Multnomah Falls area next weekend. I really need to update my winter hiking gear to give myself some more hiking options this season.
- Lose 1 pound per week.
And there you have it, my week 13 summary. It’s a mixed bag. Didn’t hit all the goals, but I still feel good about what I did accomplish. I have added a couple more goals to the mix this week to help me get those steps in. I’m hoping that my chat channel at work will pick up speed and help me keep moving. I’m worried about how the cooler weather coming will impact my moving. I think it’s just going to be a suck it up and get it done situation. If any of you have any recommendations on how to fight the arthritis pain, I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much for checking in and reading about my long journey. I don’t think I could do it without you guys!