I had a great week! I hit Mt. Tabor three times this week and incorporated the crazy stairs into my walk. That is a butt burner! I ate some really delicious foods and stayed within my calorie allowance. I feel really good about myself right now. I have lots of energy and no inappropriate guilt. It’s awesome! Lets review the week.
- Shell fish doesn’t have a lot of calories, it’s the melted butter that will get you! I hit Red Lobster with my friend, Stacy last weekend for dinner. I enjoyed lobster, crap and lots of shrimp. It was a ton of food! I went easy on the butter dipping and stayed way within my calorie intake and got to enjoy some popcorn at the movie later!
- Mt. Tabor has lots of stairs. I decided to incorporate some of the stairs at Mt. Tabor park into my walk. Wow, feel the burn! I am still a little slow at it, but I am doing it and I am actually enjoying it!
- I have had this really weird worried feeling about losing weight. I worry that I won’t be able to defend myself. I know, totally weird right? Like what am I thinking, my being overweight gives me an advantage if I get in a fight or something. Really Marci? I am not really sure where this is coming from. Maybe a subconscious feeling due to my childhood abuse? This feeling is really, really strange, but it’s been on my mind a lot. During a conversation with my friend, Stacy about another friend getting into boxing, bells went off in my head. I have been looking for something new and fun to add to my exercise routine and I have always been interested in Kickboxing. So I have started investigating the Kickboxing options in Portland. Maybe this will help me both physically and mentally.
Week 16 Goals Check
- Stay hydrated and log it! “A+” – I drank all the water and logged it!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit “A+” – Nailed it and ate some really awesome food this week.
- 10,000 steps per day “B” – I achieved this 5 days this week, which is an improvement over last week.
- Get off the MAX train one stop early every morning commute “A+” – I did it every day!
- Walk home from the MAX stop 3 times per week “A” – Nailed it, three times!
- Get out of my chair at work for more spins around the block “B” – I can do a better job at this and more often. I need to come up for air and step away from the desk. It was just so busy last week.
- Yoga two times a week “C” – I only got one day of Yoga in
- Meditation 4 times per week “A+” – I got five days in this week!
- Reflect on my goals daily “A” – I wrote them down, reflected and checked them off on my board.
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook “A+” – My face is all over social media when I’m working out.
- One hiking/adventure day per week “A+” – Mt. Tabor and it’s stairs three times this week!
- Lose 1 pound per week “A+” – I lost 1.1 pounds this week!
Week 17 Goals
- Stay hydrated and log it.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit while enjoying delicious food.
- 10,000 steps per day.
- Get off the MAX train one stop early every commute day.
- Walk home from the MAX train stop 3 times per week.
- Get of my chair for spin around the block at least 3 times a day.
- Yoga two times a week.
- Meditation 4 times a week.
- Reflect on my goals daily and keep my vision board updated.
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook.
- One hiking/adventure day per week.
- Lose 1 pound per week.
Okay, so there are some mixed results there, but I still feel like I had a really great week. This week was also measurement week, I lost 3 more inches and a total of 4.1 pounds last month, nice! Good things are happening! I’m feeling good about myself, which has always been a tough one for me. I had some great walks and but burning stair time at Mt. Tabor this week. I also got to reward myself with some yummy foods, while sticking to my calorie allotment. This week, I will be spending some more quality time at Mt. Tabor, I love it up there. I will also be busting my ass to get those 10k a day in this week! Thanks for checking out my week 16 summary. I appreciate all your support and love. You guys rock!