This week kind of sucked. Everyone in my house has been sick with the cold/flu hybrid bug and feeling pretty crumby. I did get a few things in before I got too sick. Here is how it went.
- When you’re sick, don’t push it. I started getting sick Thursday night and just couldn’t accept it. I didn’t want to give in. I think I just made it worse. I was feeling better by Saturday and was up and about. Sunday I was pretty tired, but I was so excited about the Jingle Bell Run 5K that I couldn’t give in and went anyway. I have been down for the count since.
- My birthday boots are made for walking! When you get some comfy gel inserts. Oh yeah, fixed that problem. Woot!
- Writing my blog from the iPad sucks! Anyone have any pro tips on this? I have tried it from the Chrome and Safari browsers and the experience is horrible. Weird formatting issues, loss of simple things like copy and paste by long tap. The WordPress app is really quarky, it randomly logs me out and then won’t let me back in. NEATO!
Week 21 Goals Check
- Stay Hydrated – A+ – Nailed it
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit – A – Done!
- 10,000 steps a day – D – Didnt feel like moving around much while I was sick this week. I did get two days of 10k steps in there.
- Get of the MAX train one stop early every commute day – D – Only one day.
- Walk home from the MAX train stop three times per week – D – I got in one day.
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day – C – I didn’t do this every day.
- Tai Chi two times per week – F – Didn’t do this at all this week.
- Practice my squat form every day – F – Didn’t even attempt it.
- Stay off the elevator at work and take the stairs – B – Nit everyday, but I did get some stairs in there.
- Meditate four times per week – F – Not at all.
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated – A – I have been reflecting, just no energy for doing.
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday – B – Only posted two 10k days, but I did check in.
- One hiking/adventure day per week – C – No hiking, but I did get over halfway through a 5k before I gave in.
- Lose 1 pound per week – D – Not surprising, I only lost .1 pounds this week.
Week 22 Goals
- Stay Hydrated
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit
- 10,000 steps a day
- Get of the MAX train one stop early every commute day
- Walk home from the MAX train stop three times per week
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day
- Tai Chi two times per week
- Practice my squat form 4 times a week
- Stay off the elevator at work and take the stairs
- Meditate four times per week
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday
- One hiking/adventure day per week
- Lose 1 pound per week
Well, there it is, the sucky week 21 summary in a nutshell. I can’t really beat myself up too bad for being sick. I am feeling better, but not there yet. I will focus on getting well so I can get back at it. Thanks for checking in guys, I will see you next week!