Another week down! It wasn’t a stellar week, but things are starting to look up. Our house is on the mend after Michael and I being down with the cold/flu hybrid bug going around. I just finally started really feeling better and moving again last Sunday. I didn’t hit the goal marks this week, but I am starting to get my mojo back and have started ramping up to get to full speed again. Lets see what I did do this week.
- Podcasts for the win! I have never listened to a Podcast before, but a couple of friends and family members have been listening to this Podcast called Serial, I’m hooked! it’s really awesome to listen to while I’m walking. Now I can alternate my listening preferences between Podcasts, audio books and music!
- Eggs in a Basket are so good. I have always wanted to try making them, but just never got around to it. They are so easy to make and so good. Toast and egg all in one buttery delicious sitting and within my calorie allotment!
- The huskies are such good boys. With Michael being so sick, the boys have been stuck indoors with no activity what so ever. Since they are used to going for a run in the morning and a walk at night, we figured they would go stir crazy. Nope, they have been so good and very clinging to Michael. They have been basically watching over him while he’s been sick. So sweet!
Week 22 Goals Check
- Stay Hydrated – A+ – I drank tons of water to try and flush out the sick sooner.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit – A+ – Didn’t eat a ton while I was sick, so this one was pretty easy.
- 10,000 steps a day – F – Nope! As of Sunday, I have been getting in 6k per day.
- Get of the MAX train one stop early every commute day – F – Not ready for this yet. And was kind of tough to do last week while I was working from home.
- Walk home from the MAX train stop three times per week – F – Couldn’t walk home from the MAX if I was working from home. I’m also starting to get a little worried about walking home at night, this last week we have had THREE shootings in the immediate vicinity of our home.
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day – F – I get out of the lounge chair at home to move around, but not for spins around the block.
- Tai Chi two times per week – F – Didn’t even worry about it last week.
- Practice my squat form 4 times a week – F – Nope!
- Stay off the elevator at work and take the stairs – F – I wasn’t at work to take the stairs.
- Meditate four times per week – C – I got in two nights last week.
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated – C – I was only half into it last week. Being sick, not really a point to it.
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday – C – There were a few Facebook posts, but no 10k posts.
- One hiking/adventure day per week – B – I went to the Muse concert on Sunday night, that counts as an adventure of the mind, but no hiking this week.
- Lose 1 pound per week – F- No weight lost this week, BUT I DIDN’T GAIN ANY WEIGHT EITHER! Nice.
Week 23 Goals
- Stay Hydrated
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit
- 10,000 steps a day
- Get of the MAX train one stop early every commute day
- Walk home from the MAX train stop three times per week
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day
- Tai Chi two times per week
- Practice my squat form 3 times a week
- Stay off the elevator at work and take the stairs
- Meditate four times per week
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday
- One hiking/adventure day per week
- Lose 1 pound per week
Okay, so that a wrap on my week 22 summary. Not a stellar week, but there is not much you can do about it when you aren’t well. On ward, upward! I am feeling much better and getting my energy back. It shouldn’t be too much longer before I am back to business. Michael is finally starting to feel better too, he has no voice, but he is up and about again. Tough week, I’m glad it’s over! Thanks for checking in everyone!