Welcome to my week 48 summary. This has been a spectacular week! I have made a few changes in my week routine to shake things up and hopefully make this long journey a little more productive.
First thing I switched up is my breakfast and lunch meals during the work week. The company I work for caters breakfast every morning (pretty freaking awesome), but it’s not always the healthiest of choices. So I started packing my breakfast. For lunch, I usual hit a food cart or restaurant with my team mates. Again not always the healthiest choices and again, I started packing my lunch. Before the switch I was staying within my calories, but felt I should be a little more nutritious conscience. I will be trying to keep myself to one trip out to lunch each week. I have to get my Friday Buffalo Wild Wings fix, it’s one of my favorites!
Second thing I added this week was at least three workouts at the gym. I am happy to report that I accomplished this goal! Day one was a little challenging only because the gym I belong to had upgraded all the machines since the last time I was there. It was super busy so I didn’t feel very comfortable lurking around with all the people and looking like a weirdo trying to figure out how everything worked. So I hopped on the elliptical machine and got in some good cardio time and some good sweat. The 2nd day at the gym, I went in super early on a Sunday when hard,y anyone was there and figured out what machine was when and how it worked and got in a good machine workout and then hit the elliptical for some more cardio. The next day, I felt it. I was super sore. The 3rd day, I arrived and started my machine workout and was sell really sore for the previous workout. I also got a killer cramp in one of my hamstrings. Ouch! I managed to stretch it out and walk it off a bit and got busy on the elliptical for some cardio.
The machine workout I was doing would target different muscles all over my body and then a different group the next workout. This week I’m going to change that up to an upper body workout with light cardio, next day lower body with light cardio and the third day just heavy cardio. I’m hoping that will give my body a little more recovery time between machine workouts. I’m doing it!
Okay let’s see how I did on the goals this week!
Week 48 Goals Check:
- Stay Hydrated -A- Done!
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit -A- Yep!
- 10,000 steps a day -C- I got in three days.
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day -B- Need to do a little better on this one.
- Meditate four times per week -A- Check!
- Go to the gym at least three times this week. -A- Killed it!
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated -A- Check!
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday -A- There was lots of posting.
- One hiking/adventure day per week -B- No hikes, but I am going to call the gym an adventure this week.
- Lose 1 pound per week -D- I lost .3 pounds. Not a full pound tho.
Week 49 Goals:
- Stay Hydrated
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit
- 10,000 steps a day
- Get out of my chair for a spin around the block three time a day
- Meditate four times per week
- Go to the gym at least 3 times this week
- Reflect on my goals every day and keep my vision board updated
- Keep posting on my blog and Facebook, posting my Fitbit Dashboard everyday
- One hiking/adventure day per week
- Lose 1 pound per week
Okay, so there it is. I feel really good about my accomplishments this week. Getting 10k in a day along with the gym days is going to be a tough one for me, but I’m going to keep striving to reach that goal. I’m very happy with myself for dragging my ass into the gym. This was huge for me. I’m not going crazy, just trying to make getting there a natural habit. Once I accomplish that, I will shake it up some more. I still need to do better about getting out and about on the weekends. I’m going on a little hike Saturday with some friends, that will be a good start. Okay folks, that’s all for now. I appreciate you all checking in and reading about my week. See you guys next week!