Here we are wrapping up week 5, it’s been another fantastic week! There were so many things going on. It was my wedding anniversary week. The hubs and I celebrated 21 years of wedlock with a zoo trip, some hiking up in the Forest Park area, restaurant hopping and truly enjoying each other’s company, it was awesome!
My friend, Amy was also in town last week for a visit so I got to enjoy some good times with friends. I was a little worried about how this week would go down since with Amy’s visit and the anniversary there was lots of food which included High Tea at the Heathman with lots of yummy pastries, mini sandwiches and deserts. Other foods I devoured this week included some Southern BBQ, Coney Island Dogs from Nick’s Famous and a few Blood Mary’s. So much yum!
So lets see how this all played out this week.
Lessons Learned this Week:
- I am stronger than I think! We went hiking on the Forest Park Wildwood Trail from Newberry Rd. The hike was rated “easy” and was supposed to be just shy of 3 miles. Easy to whom a pro hiker? No… so many ups and downs and steep climbs. I didn’t get to the turn around point I wanted to, but we still did a lot. By the time we got back to the car, it was almost 3.5 miles. I did that! I wasn’t physically fatigued, just winded. I felt so fucking good!
- Maximus the Husky is the best self defense tool on the market! So on my long weekend morning walks, I have run into some real creepers. I have been trying to figure out if it’s a wise idea to carry mace, stun gun, asp, gun, something to make me feel safer on my treks. Dah! I have this giant husky! Ya, people don’t look at Max the same way I do. They just cross the street and stay away.
- Maximus does his best work with his Gentle Leader on. So, I decided that I wanted to try Max out using his regular collar instead of his Gentle Leader. Holy shit that dog is a power house. I think that was the best upper body workout I have ever had. We were both wiped out after that. Max and I will be working on improving his collar walking skills together.
- Ninja Workouts. One of my Facebook groups turned me on to this thing called Ninja Workouts. Just little things you can do secretly at your desk and other places. My favorites so far are the squats before squatting in the bathroom stall and the under the desk knee raise. Doesn’t seem like much, but it starts adding up.
- Ping Pong Posers. So we have this Ping Pong table at work that we use for little mental breaks. Yesterday me and the homies figured out a new way to play. You have to “strike a pose” when you hit the ball. Oh my god this was so fun. I was laughing so hard that my ab muscles seized up and I could hardly breath. It was a really good little work out. Got some sweat going and the heart rate up. Next time I think I will set up a time lapse camera, this shit has got to look hilarious.
Week 5 Goals Check:
- Stay hydrated. A+ I drank tons of water this week. I think I’m actually starting to like it.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day. B I missed this goal on Sunday. I was just completely wiped out both mentally and physically after my walk with Max.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit. A+++ I ate so much yummy food this week, but I kept logging it all and stayed within my calories and added more exercise in there when needed.
- Water Zumba one day per week. A+ So much fun!
- DDP Yoga 3 times per week. F I didn’t do Yoga at all this week, but I really don’t feel bad about it. I did so many other physically activities that I made up for it.
- Meditation 4 times per week. A+ Ahhhhh so relaxing.
- Reflect on my goals daily. A+ I keep using my dry erase board, that shit works.
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook. A+ Love you guys! I love posting. You guys really help me be accountable and keep my motivation and energy up. Thank you!
- Lose 1 pound per week. A++ With all the crazy foods and drinks I still lost 1.7 POUNDS this week! NICE!
Week 6 Goals:
- Stay hydrated.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit.
- Water Zumba one day per week.
- Meditation 4 times per week.
- Reflect on my goals every day.
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook.
- Work with Max on his collar training. That will add some steps and a good upper body workout!
- Lose 1 pound per week.
Wow, great week! I can’t wait to see what I am going to accomplish this week. Haven’t got any solid plans for the weekend yet, but hoping we can get at least one hiking adventure in there. Thanks for tuning into my Week 5 Summary. You guys rock! See you next week!