I made it through week 9! Man, that was a tough one. I had to deal with some lack of sleep issue for a few days. Got in some power house adventures and just all around craziness in general. I didn’t hit some of my goals this week, but I still feel really good about what I did accomplish. Here we go!
Lessons Learned this Week:
- Walking a 5k wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. I think with the combination of heat, no shade and burning blacktop did not help the situation, but I did it! I finished the Color Run (walk)!
- I can enjoy my smoked, delicious meats on my long journey and still lose weight! Thats right, I did a big cook last weekend and we ate baby back ribs for three nights. Yum!
- Getting of the train 1 stop early helps rack up those steps! I started doing this on my way in, in the morning when its still on the cooler side. Not too far and it helps wake me up.
- Squirrels love to stop and pose for pictures. On my morning walks to the train, I encounter squirrels practically every morning. I have been taking snaps of their cuteness and sharing them with my friends.
Week 9 Goals Check:
- Stay Hydrated – A++ I drank tons of water last week. The only thing I need to do better here is making sure I am entering in the app to track it better. I know I drank plenty tho.
- Walk 10,000 Steps Per Day – B I missed two days, I did make up for some of that on 5k walk day tho 😉
- Maintain a 500-Calorie Per Day Deficit – A+ Feels so natural now and I ate some pretty awesome food this week.
- Altered Yoga 3 Times Per Week – F I didn’t even try. No excused, I just didn’t do it. The shame!
- Water Zumba One Day Per Week – F Nope, didn’t happen. My bad!
- Meditation 4 Times Per Week – A Nailed it!
- Reflect On My Goals Every Day – C I didn’t check on my board that much this week, which is why I probably didn’t hit some of my goals. I will get that straightened out.
- Keep Posting On My Blog and Facebook – A++ This one is no problem. You guys are so awesome! I love all the likes and the support you provide. Thank you!!!
- One Hiking/Adventure Day This Week – A+ Totally nailed this one, I did a 5k with one of my best friends and went to the beach and walked on it for almost 2 miles with the hubs and my daughter. Nice!
- Lose 1 Pound Per Week – A! I lost 1.1 pounds this week guys! I have lost a total of 30 pounds now. AWESOME!
Week 10 Goals:
- Stay Hydrated.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day.
- Maintain a 500-calorie per day deficit while still enjoying delicious food.
- Altered Yoga 3 times per week to avoid irritating my chest injury.
- Water Zumba one day per week.
- Meditation 4 times per week.
- Reflect on my goals every day. Think I’m going to come up with a different way to do this.
- Keep posting on my Blog and Facebook.
- One hiking/adventure day this week.
- Lose 1 pound per week.
Okay, so I didn’t hit all of my goals, but as you can see, I still packed a lot in there. This week is going to be a busy one too. I have a concert on Friday, which will consist of lots of dancing. I also have another 5k this weekend, Race for the Cure. It’s going to be a very challenging week for me, but I know I can do it because you guys have my back! I have to give a special shout out to Coni! She stuck through that grueling sweaty 5k mess with me. Thanks Coni, love you tons!
Well thats a wrap everyone! Thank you checking in and reading my week 9 summary. I really dig you guys!