Well hello there!
Welcome back to another edition of a week in the life of Marci’s long journey. This week was kind of messed up. My week started out really strong and then fell apart. I was walking home from work last week when a dog in our neighborhood attacked me and chomped onto the back of my leg. Not a huge bite, but it’s in a bad spot that always rubs on my clothes the more I moved it would get sore pretty swollen up. And of course it also hits the chair right where I sit. It’s a no win situation. So this slowed me down a bit this week.
I think what upset me the most about this situation was the fact that I have never been down right attacked by a dog. I have been charged by dogs, but never jumped like that. I just can’t fathom why a dog owner would let there dog out near people with that type of aggresssive behavior. I got the bite checked out by a doctor and they filed a report with Animal Control. Animal Control will let me know if the dog is up to date on it’s shots when they do their investigation. My fear is that the dog is going to pay the pentalt for their owner’s lack of common sense and poor judgment. Such crap, it really makes me mad.
Okay, enough bitching, let’s get down to business and see how I did this week.
Week 11 Goals Check:
- Stay hydrated -A- I’m drinking all the water, but I still need to be more consistent about logging it.
- 10,000 steps per day -C- I got three days on and then dog bite happened.
- Track all my food intake and maintain a minimum of a 500 calorie per day deficit -B- tracked it every day, but I did have one day that I went overboard. Italian food will do,it every time =)
- Keep moving throughout the day – Get out of my chair at work for a walk a minimum of three times per day -A- I’m feeling really good about this one this week. I have been paying attention to my Fitbit and getting off my ass every time it buzzes me.
- Meditate 4 times per week -B- I got three days in this week.
- Post on my blog and get those 10k posts up on Facebook -C- I got some 10k posts up this week. Yay!
- Reflect on my goals daily A- I felt very focused this week.
- One hiking and/or adventure this week. -F- No adventures this week =(
- Lose one pound per week. -C- Holy crap , I actually lost a little weight this week, .3 pounds, I will take it!
Week 12 Goals:
- Stay hydrated and log it!
- 10,000 steps per day
- Track all my food intake and maintain a minimum of a 500 calorie per day deficit
- Keep moving throughout the day – Get out of my chair at work for a walk a minimum of three times per day
- Meditate 4 times per week
- Post on my blog and get those 10k posts up on Facebook
- Reflect on my goals daily
- One hiking and/or adventure this week.
- Lose one pound per week.
That was a weird week. Going to get busy this week. My leg is almost back to its normal self, so it’s time to get moving. I will keep you all posted with the Animal Control situation. I can’t believe I actually lost a little weight this week, that was a nice surprise. I’m thinking about changing up the formatting of my blog posts. Time to shake it up a little bit. Be on the look out for something a little different next week. See you all then!