Hello my friends!
Welcome back to my long journey story. In this week’s installment, I am happy to report that I had a much better week! I have been out and about moving more. My back is only sore and stiff now at the very end of the day, bonus. I think it’s time to start working my way back on track! Lets see how I did this week:
Year 1 Week 3 Goals Check
- Stay hydrated – I still want to research and quantify this a bit more. -A- I haven’t done a ton of research on this yet, but I am drinking tons of cool refreshing water.
- 7,000 steps per day, until I am healed up – C+- I managed to get in 4 days of 7k+ steps, yesterday I even reached 10k!
- Track all my food intake and maintain a minimum of a 500 calorie per day deficit -B- I did track all my food, but there was a couple of Oregon Brewer’s Fest days that blew my calories out of the water. It was for a good cause, good beer!
- Keep moving throughout the day – Get out of my chair at work for a walk a minimum of three times per day -B- I got out of my chair alot more this week, but I know I could have done even better.
- Meditate 4 times per week -A- Deep cleansing breaths! Feels so good!
- Do the exercises my doctor gave me daily to help my back -A- This has been so helpful!
- Reflect on my goals daily -C- I felt like I kind of half assed it in this department this week.
Year 1 Week 4 Goals:
- Stay hydrated – I still need to figure out how much water is really enough or too much.
- 10,000 steps per day, time to get back on the wagon!
- Track all my food intake and maintain a minimum of a 500 calorie per day deficit
- Keep moving throughout the day – Get out of my chair at work for a walk a minimum of three times per day
- Meditate 4 times per week
- Do the exercises my doctor gave me daily to help my back
- Post on my blog and get those 10k posts up on Facebook
- Reflect on my goals daily
- One hiking and/or adventure this week.
- Lose one pound per week.
Woo! Okay, I got this! I am definitely feeling better and stronger. Last week I got in a couple of adventure days, 2 days at the Oregon Brewers Fest were it was insanely hot and tons of walking around. I also got a trip in to the beach this last weekend with a nice walk on the beach with my hubs. I am also hooked on that damn Pokémon Go game, that has kept me moving. I’m level 21! On the not so good side of things, because I haven’t been worried about my weight for the last couple of weeks and my blow out days at the brew fest, I gained 6.7 pounds… YIKES! I own it, now that I am feeling better, it’s time to get my house in order again. I predict I am going to have a fabulous week and I hope you all check in with me next week to see. Until the, ta ta for now!